Thursday 28 August 2014

Rare Catch

Wednesdays at Oliver's Fish and Chips in Belsize Park is gluten-free night. They use dedicated fryers so as to ensure there is no great risk of cross contamination and any fish on the menu can be battered with their special flour blend. Dining on fish and chips in style, the sides on offer are wonderfully varied so as to feel like a proper meal, though they do delivery and take-away as well, meaning no one has to miss the Great British Bake Off.

A rare catch: gluten-free fish and chips
The batter itself gave a beautiful, golden crust, both flaky and crispy - a texture not always easy to recreate sans gluten. If only they did their dessert fritters in said batter as well. It was two years before I properly longed for battered fish but despite it not being a staple of my diet (will I be approved for British citizenship?) I will definitely find my way round to Oliver's again.

No comments:

Post a Comment