Tuesday 3 February 2015

Super Bowl Weekend

Another day, another colossal batch of mini gluten-free doughnuts. These ones, Super Bowl themed - a clear sway towards the Seahawks was evident amongst those in attendance that night; no one was touching the red/white/blue ones.

Moving flats this month so I've been resisting the urge to buy more baking paraphernalia beforehand; I think it's time to upgrade to full size doughnuts. Having excess buttermilk, I opted to make some buttermilk cornmeal and sage muffins (which really came out more like scones), which were intended for a friend's inaugural chilli party but they suited Super Bowl Sunday just as well. My journey to aforementioned chilli party was already precarious enough with a lemon meringue pie in hand. I calculated that I travel an average of 15 miles on public transportation with each of these pies, be it London, Berlin, Montreal; it's a wonder they survive - if but a little weepy upon arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment